I love award season and especially look forward to the Oscars each year. Tim and I try to go see as many of the nominated movies as we can so we know what’s going on and also to have a better chance at winning Oscar bingo. Except that I often have a different opinion of who should win, but that’s the fun of it all. My favorite move of the year was Brooklyn. I knew it wasn’t likely to win anything, but I would vote for it. It’s a must see in my opinion.
So I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t have any occasions in the near future that require a red carpet gown. But it is fun to get glammed up every once in a while for a fancy night out. so I’m sharing a few of my favorite pieces for amping up your date night outfit in a mostly affordable fashion.
1. Rose Gold Heals – I’ve recently become a huge fan of rose gold and I love it in these heels. I can’t actually find the exact ones in the picture but I’ve found some similar ones for you. Rose gold is like the cool girl version of pink. And the more metallic the better as far as I’m concerned. I love this pair too in a rose gold glitter.
2. Zoya Nail Polish in Freja – I wore this nail polish last night to the Oscar party our friends hosted. It’s a shimmery gunmetal with a tiny hint of blue metallic. It’s like a smokey eye for your nails. Zoya has recently become my favorite nail polish line. It’s non-toxic and is easy to apply. I’m not very good at painting my own nails so I’m happy when I find a polish that I can do at home and not make a complete mess of myself.
3. Faux Fur Jacket – This is such a great finishing touch to a night-on-the-town outfit. Even faux fur can look expensive. This one is from Forever 21 and is currently on sale for less than $50 bucks. I’m also in love with this blush pink one. If you don’t like fur you can always go for a suede look like this one or the tuxedo-style blazer to finish off the look.
4. Kendra Scott Earrings – I love everything Kendra Scott does. She is constantly releasing new versions of her trademark style. This stand out pair is a mirrored crystal rock framed in gunmetal. As you can see, I’m into the gunmetal thing these days. I consider it the rock star version of silver.
5. Bobbi Brown Eye Palette – What a perfect palette! Lots of sparkles plus just the right matte neutrals. Love it!
6. Heather Offord Box Clutch – I love clutches. I try not to buy too many because practically I don’t have a ton of occasions to bring them out. But they can add such a great pop to your outfit. The box clutch is very in right now and the more color the better. There are a lot of affordable options like this one and this one. Or if you want to continue with the faux leather I love this one.
7. Faux Leather Leggings – Yep, we’re faking it again. These faux leather leggings are $50 bucks and yet another fabulous way to glam it up. Pair them with your faux fur jacket and you’re money!
8. Veuve Clicquot Rose – Champagne always makes me feel fancy and how gorgeous is the bottle?! It really does come in this beautifully pink box and it is equally delicious. I’ve given this as a gift on multiple occasions because its a double bang for your buck with the lovely presentation (an expensive buck but worth the splurge!). I usually buy it at my local grocery store and its often at least a little bit on sale.
9. Sequin Dress – Saving the best for last, what better way to feel fancy than to cloth yourself in sequins. I love the color dimensions in this dress. Revolve Clothing is my favorite online store for finding unique and fun dresses. I also love this one, this one, and if you want to splurge I love this one.
Here are a few more goodies to check out. Happy shopping!